Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Loss For Words

Ever since I have become a mom, my memory has been less than perfect. I think that after delivering my son the doctors must have taken part of my brain. Along with losing my mind, I seem to not have as great of a vocabulary as I once did. Or at least I can't say what I mean with the right words. Just like this weekend after attending our Saturday church service.

We were chatting with our lovely friends, Tom and Jen, about the upcoming concert at our church to benefit the Young Life Capernum Project. One of my favorite Christian artists, Sara Groves, is going to be sharing her pianorific talents with us. Since we will be attending the church service that is before the concert, I thought we might have to leave our seats and come back in for the ushers to accept our tickets. So, I thoughtfully asked my friend, Jen, "will we have to evacuate the auditorium?" She and my husband looked at me with puzzled faces, "evacuate the auditorium?!?"

Puzzled by my own words, I tried to correct myself, but no appropriate word could hop into my brain and out my mouth. I was completely at a loss for words. My brain had just totally shut down.

Does this happen to every new mother? If it does, God should put a warning on the little baby's forehead that says, "Will Cause Permanent Brain Damage".

1 comment:

Goslyn said...

Oh, the doctor must have removed that sticker from James before presenting him to you. It happens to all of us. All the time. ROFL. Love this post.