Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tough Times

My family is going through a very difficult situation. At least, that's how some people may see it. You see, he lost his job about 2 months ago, and recently I gave birth to our second child. You can imagine how he might feel, knowing that we have decided to have me stay home and raise our children. No matter how tough our days might be or how "hairy" life might get, I always remember to pray to our awesome Lord, Jesus Christ. I try to be my husband's rock during tough times, and even during not so tough times. What's the point in worrying or being depressed? The Bible says in Jeremiah 29:11 "don't worry about the future" and "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6). So, I choose to lay everything aside and let God handle it. HE is the one who is in control of this situation. It is in HIS time that my husband will be blessed with a new job. So, in the meantime, we just have to wait and continue to pray for anything that comes to our mind because God is a good God and he wants to bless us with the desires of our hearts. That is why he tells us, "but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, presents your requests to God".

No matter how big or small your situation may seem, pray to God. He hears you. He knows your thoughts. He wants to hold your hand through this.

And if you need a little inspiration, check out this YouTube video. It might bring a tear to your eye. I know that it did for me.

No comments: