Thursday, August 06, 2009

God's Green Earth

One of my favorite aspects of summer (and perhaps the only) is the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies that are available to eat and enjoy. Just today, I ate an organic purple heirloom tomato on my turkey and cheddar sandwich, tender green beans that I steamed to perfection, and sweet, white corn dripping with butter and a little salt. It makes me salivate just thinking about it! This year, as you may have read previously in a different post, I tried my hands at my own vegetable growing. And much to my delight, IT WORKED, and it worked BEAUTIFULLY! Here are a couple pictures of my beauties that I started from seed.




Amidst all this glorious gardening success, I'm having trouble fathoming eating my hard work. I guess I just don't want it to go away. So, here is my post. A tribute to God's green Earth, and the wonderful vegetables that He helped me grow. Because, I can't hold out any longer! Mmmm, these veggies are good!

No comments: