Thursday, October 18, 2007

10-20-30

A friend of mine posted a meme on her blog and I thought I'd partake since I've never done a meme before.

10-

10 years ago I was a love-struck junior in high school. I had been writing love letters to a guy I had only seen at church twice. His sister thought I might be interested so I took a chance and started writing to him and talking on the phone. I was excited because soon I was going to be meeting him officially for the first time. It was his birthday and I was going over to his mom's for dinner for our first date. He was attending Valley Forge Military College, and was coming home for the weekend. Heck of a first date, huh?

20-

20 years ago I was in first grade at The Banner School. My teacher was Mrs. Campbell. Grumpy old woman she was! I remember that our school was in an old white farm house on Patrick Street. Our class room was on the top floor, and we had to go up a long and steep set of stairs. I remember my friend Matt bringing his golden retriever puppy to school and it peeing on the carpet. I remember a little french student named Jean Baptist was visiting with us and he got us into all sorts of trouble. We decided that it would be cool to melt crayons on the radiator and smear paper in it to create art. Mrs. Campbell put all of us in detention.

30-

30 years ago I wasn't even born.

What about you? What were you up to 10, 20, and 30 years ago?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face and joy in my soul.
Love,
-MOM

mommaladybug said...

You're welcome! Happy to. :)