Monday, October 22, 2007

Never A Dull Moment

Well today was an interesting and exciting, to say the least, day. Let's just say that God has a really big sense of humor.

James and I went to the mall to get some new shoes and a belt for him. Note: if you have a Children's Place Outlet near you, you MUST go shopping there. They have the BEST deals on clothes, and now they even have shoes!

But first, I went over to the Stride Rite shoe store to get him re-measured. I browsed around the store, but didn't find anything I liked. Most everything was a little too pricey for what I wanted to spend. Then I browsed around Children's Place, and I bought 2 pairs of shoes for the price of one pair at Stride Rite. Amazing! Where else can you get a pair of nice suede shoes for 5 bucks?!?

Anyways. . .after sharing a yummy Auntie Anne's pretzel with my son outside, I noticed that he needed a diaper change. It was time to go, so I just decided to change him in the back of my van.

Lately, he's been really hard to change, and I practically have to wrestle him to stay still. And, boy, was I in for it today! I imagined someone sitting in their car watching me and getting a huge belly laugh for what you're about to read.

Well, I wasn't expecting a messy diaper, so I just laid him down on the changing pad, ready to just put on a clean diaper. No wipes needed, right? Nope! So, picture this, I was scrambling for the wipes with one hand and holding him up with the other so he wouldn't make a mess. Then, I hear this squeal from James and I look over and he's peeing on himself and it's hitting his face and getting all over my car. He stops finally and I clean his bum off and he wiggles away from me before I could get the new diaper on. The little stinker. I catch him, and then I see this lovely stream of pee hitting the floor. Guess he wasn't done! So I quickly grab the dirty diaper to try and catch it, but the non-absorbent Velcro strap gets in the way and now I have pee running down my hand and arm. So finally he was done, and I got the new diaper on.

Whew! What felt like an eternity was probably only like 10 minutes, but jeez God, could you have picked a better day for this? Never a dull moment! That's for sure!

No comments: