Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday Tip

Okay, so it's been super way too long since I have posted something.

Just a quick Tuesday tip that I tried tonight:

I recently received a nice and super warm LLBean zip fleece shirt for Christmas. After wearing it for the second time, I accidentally got candle wax drippings on it. Oops!

And then I thought, "Oh no, it's ruined!" But actually I was able to fix it and my shirt is as good as new with no wax.

Here's what I did. I cut a piece of paper bag about the size of a sheet of computer paper and placed it on the wax stain. Then I took my trusty iron and ironed over it and the wax transferred to the paper without burning my new shirt. Cool, huh?

Hopefully my next post will be this week and I'll show some photos of Christmas. James had a blast, and so did mommy and daddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You failed to mention wax on the new shirt. So glad you were able to remove it. I would havwe tried ice and picking it off. The iron and sheet of paper was such a good idea. You're so smart.